The Casualty Actuarial Society is accepting applications for its scholarship program for college students pursuing a career in actuarial science. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program, funded by donations to the CAS Trust, will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2019-2020 academic year. One recipient will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Two other recipients, if chosen, will each be award a $5,000 scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by January 31, 2019
- Currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2019-2020 academic year
- Applicants must plan to sit for at least one actuarial exam by March 31, 2019
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
- The online CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript.
Please upload your official transcripts directly to the CAS Trust Scholarship application.
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
CAS Trust Scholarship Coordinator – Maha Chaudhry
Completed applications are due by January 31, 2019. Winners will be notified of award decisions by May 17, 2019.