The Central States Actuarial Forum (CSAF) will award a scholarship of $1,000 to up to two college students in the central states for the upcoming academic year. The scholarship program’s mission is to encourage students who reside or attend school in the region to become future working members of the Casualty Actuarial Society.
The CSAF Scholarship Program is open to all college students who will be continuing as full-time students for the academic year (or half-year for December graduates) to which the scholarship will apply at a college or university in one of the following states: Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or South Dakota.
The selected candidate will:
- reside or attend a college or university in one of the Central States,
- currently attend a U.S. college or university as a full-time student and continue as a full-time student at a U.S. college or university throughout the current academic year,
- have sat for at least one actuarial exam by the application deadline,
- be a member of CAS Student Central, and
(Join here for free: CASstudentcentral.org)
- demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
Completed applications are due by October 31st of each year for scholarships awarded for the academic year beginning in the Fall. Winners will be notified by December 15 .
If you have questions or need more information, contact:
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Dr. Suite 250
Arlington, VA 22203