Apply for the 2022-2023 Central States Actuarial Forum (CSAF) Scholarship
APPLICATION DEADLINE: April 1, 2023 Academic Year: 2022-2023
The objective of the scholarship is to further students’ interest in the property/casualty actuarial profession and to encourage the pursuit of the CAS designations.
Amount of Scholarship
The CSAF Scholarship Program will award $1,500 scholarships to college students for the current or subsequent academic year to assist with exam costs. This scholarship will be awarded on the basis of individual merit.
Eligibility – To be considered all applicants must:
- submit all sections of the CSAF Scholarship application by the application deadline,
- reside or attend a college or university in one of the Central States,
(Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, or South Dakota)
- currently attend a U.S. college or university as a full-time student and continue as a full-time student at a U.S. college or university throughout the current academic year,
- have sat for at least one actuarial exam by the application deadline,
- be a member of CAS Student Central, and
(Join here for free: CASstudentcentral.org)
- demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
You must submit the full CSAF Scholarship application and required short essay.
A current official transcript will also be required from the selected candidate, once the award decision has been made.
Incomplete applications will be disqualified without any consideration to partial information received.
Completed applications are due by April 1, 2023. The award decision will be made April 15, 2023.