The Casualty Actuarial Society is accepting applications for its scholarship program for college students pursuing a career in actuarial science. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program, funded by donations to the CAS Trust, will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2015-2016 academic year. The First Place Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Second and Third Place Winners, if chosen, will each be awarded a $5,000 scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by March 2, 2015
- U.S. or Canadian citizen or permanent resident visa
- Currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2015-2016 academic year
- Applicants must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March of 2015
- Must be a member of CAS Student Central (Join for free)
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
- The 4-page CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
- A current official transcript.
Completed applications are due by March 2, 2015. Winners will be notified of award decisions by May 15, 2015.