Real-life Experiences: The “CAS Effect” for Students
Whether employer, recruiter, university professor or mentor, professionals who have experienced the “CAS effect” firsthand can attest to the unique opportunities and seasoned insights that CAS and its members have to offer. And they are as excited as we hope you are about CAS Student Central, the student program devoted exclusively to you and your classroom-to-career path.
Here’s a snapshot of what they’re telling us so far:
– Wesley Griffiths, Chair, CAS University Engagement Committee, Second Vice-President & Actuary at Travelers Insurance
“There’s a natural synergy with CAS for those students who decide on an actuarial science branch… Who doesn’t want to play for the best team? To be the best, there’s lots of hard work involved and if you want to be the best, you want to be affiliated with CAS.”
– Michael E. Angelina, ACAS, CERA, Executive Director, Academy of Risk Management & Insurance, Saint Joseph’s University
“Knowledge is equivalent to employment. CAS is a brain trust for the discipline… I see that and I know ‘quality credentials.’”
– Connor M. Harrison, Director, Custom Products, The Institutes, which provides proven knowledge solutions in the risk management and property casualty insurance industry; Malvern, PA
“CAS is a welcoming organization and has dedicated members…It’s very active, energetic, and viable… It’s a bottom-up organization.”
– Richard Gorvett, Director, Actuarial Science Program and State Farm Companies Foundation Scholar in Actuarial Science, Department of Mathematics, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
“CAS is a very important professional group and can help students build an actuarial career.”
– Gary Dean, Distinguished Professor of Actuarial Science, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Ball State University; founding editor for Variance, a peer-reviewed publication.
A recent survey among CAS members asked them to name the primary benefit of belonging to the Society. Their response was unanimous: “It helped me advance my career.”
Your future begins here. Let CAS help jumpstart your success.