The Casualty Actuarial Society is accepting applications for its scholarship program for college students pursuing a career in actuarial science. The CAS Trust Scholarship Program, funded by donations to the CAS Trust, will award up to three scholarships to deserving students for the 2015-2016 academic year. The First Place Winner will receive a $10,000 scholarship. Second and Third Place Winners, if chosen, will each be award a $5,000 scholarship.
Applicant Eligibility Requirements:
- Must submit all sections of the CAS Trust Scholarship application by March 1, 2016
- Currently attending a U.S. or Canadian college or university as a full-time student and continuing as a full time student at a U.S. or Canadian college or university in the 2016-2017 academic year
- Applicants must have sat for at least one actuarial exam by March of 2016
- Applicants should demonstrate high scholastic achievement and strong interest in the casualty actuarial profession, mathematical aptitude, and communication skills.
- The online CAS Trust Scholarship application and attached essay.
- The 2 recommendation letters included in this application, preferably completed by internship supervisors, instructors and/or advisors at your educational institution who know you well. Only 2 recommendation letters will be considered.
A current official transcript. Please mail your official transcripts to:
CAS Trust Scholarship Coordinator
Casualty Actuarial Society
4350 N. Fairfax Drive, Suite 250 Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 276-3100
Completed applications are due by March 1, 2016. Winners will be notified of award decisions by May 15, 2016.